Just a share:)[Picture Heavy]

Peanut

So, new news. We're the proud owners of a 6 week old AKC registered, long haired, female dachshund. We bring her home Saturday, August 3rd! I'm totally in love already! We're buying her, not only as a family dog, but in hopes to also show her.

With that being said, I'm working harder with the two I have (Peanut, 9 months. Nemo, 7 months), so I can get into the swing of things. I was told, I believe by Penny, that the "look at me" command is awesome. Well, that's what we worked on tonight, and we had a bit of an accomplishment :) Peanut catches on SOO quickly, I wish she were registered.. She's extremely smart! Nemo, on the other hand, is clever definitely, but also VERY stubborn. So, needless to say, I had much more luck with Peanut, but Nemo is catching on too! At least long enough to get a couple pictures. Unfortunately they're cellphone pictures, but you can get the idea. At least they stood long enough to let me take pictures :) That's an accomplishment in it's own! So proud of them!!

And, I may as well show you the pictures I got of the new addition!

sherlock

How beautiful! Good to hear that they're catching on quickly...I definitely know about the "clever but stubborn" haha.

And OMG the new baby is so precious! She looks nearly exactly like Watson at the age! Have you picked a name yet? :)

Peanut

Nemo gets so excited that he can't contain himself. Jumping up and down, twirling around.. Quite ridiculous, lol. Peanut's the picky little thing that's not sure if she likes the occasional hotdog treat during training.. Haha. Two totally different personalities, for sure.

I'm in love with her already! I can't wait to see what she'll turn out like. I was told she'd lose the dark hair, and be a long haired red.. So we shall see!! No names yet, Haven't even thought about it until this evening, haha. We have at least 2 more weeks to figure it out!

sherlock

Yeah, sounds like baby Watson...he lost almost all of his dark hair (except his ears and a bit on the tail) but has lovely dapple markings, both lighter and darker than his main color.

Here's two of his baby pictures, just for comparison :D

Can't wait to hear more about her (and of course how Peanut and Nemo feel about a new baby) once she comes home!!

Peanut

See, I was told she'd lose most of her dark hair, and end up a red color, but I had never seen a dachshund like that, not around here. It's nice to get an idea of what she'll end up looking like. I'm so excited.:)

Deaf, Lol. She was so hard to resist! & Clearly we couldn't resist! We got Nemo through this same breeder, and she even offered a discounted price since we already have one of hers. That pushed us over the line. Luckily I asked in time, she hadn't just yet posted them for sale, so I got first pick. They are just so sweet!! As stubborn as they are, I don't think any other dog has a place in our hearts like they do.

Penny

Bravo!! nicely done on Look at me!! So how great is that for taking portraits?? lol We do love it when folks share portrait shots.

What a sweet darling baby!! Big CONGRATS on the new little sweet pea. Best wishes as you go forward.

Penny

I have to say about your new red baby. The gene that causes cream will lighten red and leave the black. This is why when the puppies are little, you see all that shading and as it dies away, then the cream underneath is more apparent. There are too many unscrupulous breeders who call clear red (no black on them) cream because clear reds are born very light. This way they can up the price while they are light, but the puppy that will become red when older. Shame on them.

Peanut

Bravo!! nicely done on Look at me!! So how great is that for taking portraits?? lol We do love it when folks share portrait shots.

What a sweet darling baby!! Big CONGRATS on the new little sweet pea. Best wishes as you go forward.
Thank you! They're getting the hang of it pretty quickly. Glad you recommended it! It would have been better if I had my real camera, my cellphone doesn't take great pictures. But, still am very proud :) Hoping to work up to the point that I don't have to get them to do it with treats, lol.

Penny

They will be doing that again I'm sure, when you have your camera. Looking forward to more!