Junior from Texas!

Nessa1126

Hello everyone! My name is Vanessa, (Nessa)
I've loved Dachshunds my whole life... my first Dachshund was like a brother to me. Bingo was my life, we grew up together... I was only 8 years old and he was only 10 weeks old (and born blind with corneal dystrophy). In 2010, a few days from my 23rd birthday and a month away from his 15th birthday... we had to send him over the Rainbow Bridge.

I knew I could never live without a Dachshund in my life, but decided to wait a year before bringing another one into my family. Bingo was all I ever knew when it came to Dachshunds. My fiance and I moved in to our own place last July, and in November... exactly a year and 1 day after Bingo crossed the Rainbow Bridge, Junior the red dapple boy came into our lives. He really is something else! Such a little blessing! He is now 5 months old and 15lbs of energy. In all we have 3 babies, Junior the red dapple Dachshund, Callahan the Merle Great Dane, and Guera the Schanuzer mix... all rescues <3

Well I have soooo many photos to share, is there a photo section, specifically for photo threads? Or should I just post more in the Puppy section? So happy to be here!

Last edited:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome!!! You have quite a fur family! I also rescue and have 5 rescues in my home, 2 of which are deaf and sight impaired double dapple Mini Dachshunds. but all my dogs together probably dont weigh as much as your dane! LOL

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
There's no specific picture section, but there is the gallery. I just post pics in whichever section seems most appropriate :)