I have some potty problems with my two senior females!!!HELP!!

chili

My two female sausages keep on urinating right outside our house on the cement, I have caught them numerous times and scolded them and put them on the grass but they look at me like im crazy. When I see them urinating in an appropriate place I will praise them. I have washed the area so much but it seems they are doing out of spite/naughty, because the grass is a few feet away. My male sausage does not have this problem he does his business on the grass and my Great Dane too. The problem is when the one female sausage urinates the other will come and urinate over her urine so its a constant snowball effect. I know they are old but I also know they can make it to the grass they just like peeing on the cement. SO what should I do??? It smells so bad becase when the some come out you just smell urine and I really am not keen on washing the area everyday!!! HELP!!!!:eek:

vizzla

I think they are teritorial markings+ (dont know the word in englisch). Can you keep them out of the cement? Fence? Long leachs so they dont reach that area and just stay on the grass?

Some say if you spray orange or lemon on a spot they will aviod it, because of the smell.. It works with cats I know but I have never tried it on dogs :)

Good luck!

ldivinag

but you have to wash it with proper thing, chemicals (i think) so the smell is 100% gone.

otherwise, they have greater smell than humans so if like a small amount is still around, they'll just continue to mark it over and over.

Penny

Take her out on a leash to the grass, stand there and say Go pee. When she does, have a treat ready and say Good Girl!! Unclip leash.

Nature's Miracle stain and odor remover is an enzyme product to help remove the odor.

amparra

Take her out on a leash to the grass, stand there and say Go pee. When she does, have a treat ready and say Good Girl!! Unclip leash.

Nature's Miracle stain and odor remover is an enzyme product to help remove the odor.
This. Show them where you want them to go, no point in scolding them after the fact.