How the dachshund character?

MarieH

My experience

In one month: Curious, cuddly, playful, happy, stubborn and quick to figure things out. Has a mind of his own, he can get you mad but you never stay mad because he will do something to make you smile. Sensitive to harsh words, loves to get praise. Mine is almost 4 months old and rules the house. Is living with 2 cats that have grown to tolerate him and it gets better every day. I was originally thinking about getting a Labrador, but space was an issue and my dachsund is just a minature version of the Labrador I find. Go for it! I got a chocolate and tan, and I really love the chocolate labrador. Its a great compromise and I am pleased with my decision. Remember: Its for life :)

Wyominiwiener

In one month: Curious, cuddly, playful, happy, stubborn and quick to figure things out. Has a mind of his own, he can get you mad but you never stay mad because he will do something to make you smile. Sensitive to harsh words, loves to get praise. Mine is almost 4 months old and rules the house. Is living with 2 cats that have grown to tolerate him and it gets better every day. I was originally thinking about getting a Labrador, but space was an issue and my dachsund is just a minature version of the Labrador I find. Go for it! I got a chocolate and tan, and I really love the chocolate labrador. Its a great compromise and I am pleased with my decision. Remember: Its for life :)
Yeah, what Marie said.
A doxie can be that and more. I was a big dog person. Having Collies in the past then my son gets this Miniature Dachshund puppy. and we fall in love with him. My son moves into a place that you can have pets then goes in the service. So we inherent Patrick. How can these big dog people love such a little dog. We do. Patrick is a great, smart, loving, big dog in a little body.

Tim