How old was your puppy when he started to bark?

Ilovemylily

Hello! I jope everyons having a great day! I was just wondering at wat age do puppies bark mine is 4 months and has never done it! I dont really mind but just want to know if theres something wrong with her:/

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
praise whomever you pray to... dont be wishing for barking... LOL It's not normal, per se, but there's nothing wrong with your dog :) Just be happy LOL

Ilovemylily

Hahahhahah ya im happy she doesnt bark its a good thing but shes so friendly shell go with any stranger! Shes housemate with another dog who barks aall the time and i dont know its just not her thing!

Steph

My boy didn't start barking until he was almost 6 1/2 months old. My other dogs bark like there's no tomorrow, but he usually does it when someone comes to the door or he's outside "on the hunt" for something (usually a leaf blowing in the wind, lol)

brytbratspup

miss little roxee didnt start barking til my boyfriends fathers dog (patch) barked at her. lol she has a cute bark when she does. but other then that she never really barks at all. only if shes around patch. i think its because she wants him to play with her. :)

Nattynoo

Blain my 7yr Doxie didn't bark till he was about 4yrs and now only barks at strangers at the door. We lived in a quiet neighborhood and my great Dane I had was quiet as a mouse.
Now Lil is 10 months and only barks when she plays with the others. I am so grateful they are mostly quiet.

schierling

I have always had little barking doxies, and one teaches the other so they started around 3 or 4 months, barking at each other. They were around 6 months when they started "sounding alerts". No one gets by them though.