HORRIBLE shedding, advice wanted

kellichrista

We have a smooth haired (short haired) black Doxie. She sleeps in bed with us, as she believes it's her soul right in life to burrow under the blankets by our legs. However, we recently purchased white bedding, and her excessive shedding is becoming more and more apparent now. Her course little black hairs get EVERYWHERE, and they're very difficult to remove from the bed, even with a lint roller. They stick inside the fabric.

Her sleeping with us is not an option, because she's 2, so she's very use to it. Plus, we love her warm cuddles!

We have a Furminator, and she absolutely hates it. She acts like it hurts her even with the softest pressure. I've also tried wiping her down with a damp cloth, and hair does come out.. but somehow it's never ending.. it always comes out no matter what I do.

Her coat does appear healthy. It's very shiny, and the vet has always commented on her beautiful shiny coat. She's tried a few difficult dog foods, all have been expensive great quality foods. She's currently on Wellness (she has an anal gland issue, and Wellness is high in fiber).

Has anyone experienced this issue with similar type Doxies? It's driving us crazy and I'd appreciate ANY advice or suggestions.

Thanks!

Hunter's Parade

I have four smooth dachshunds,all sleeps in bed with us. They usually shed only twice a year in spring and autumn,rest of the year there are very less sheding,usually I can't even pull some hair out. I'm feeding them Acana,twice a week raw egg yolk,I have heard that salmon oil helps too.