Hi, this is Sammy

AnnaB

Hi,
I'm new to owning a dachshund. Actually this is the first time I ever had a dog :)
She's a miniature black and tan dapple. She's about 4 months now.
I love having her. She's so cuddly and she listens well. I've taught her just a few tricks like sit, stay and lay down.
She's being a bit difficult with potty training but she's getting there ;)

Attachments

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Hi Anna and welcome to the forum :)

How cute is she !

I think she a silver dapple, she looks just like my Bella with her colouring xxx

Elysa

She is absolutely precious! I think difficult house-training is a dachshund thing! I have a rat terrier puppy and she was fully house-trained in a matter of 2 weeks. My dachshund on the other hand still has accidents on occasion!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Housetraining a Dachshund takes time and patience... ALOT of time and patience! LOL Silver Dapples and Black and Tan Dapples are the same thing. Silver is actually not a proper term here. The proper term for what both your dogs are is Black and Tan Dapple. As the dogs are genetically Black and Tan, however the dilute patterns are affecting the coat, causing the black to dilute to blue in places.

Both Mouse and Boo are Black and Tan Double Dapples, meaning genetically, they're black and tan, however they have 2 merle dilution genes working together causing the white. (and deafness and sight issues)

Susan

Bella & Jack's Mummy
Silver Dapples and Black and Tan Dapples are the same thing. Silver is actually not a proper term here. The proper term for what both your dogs are is Black and Tan Dapple
On her Pedigree/KC papers she classed as a silver dapple no mention of black and tan dapple !

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
On her Pedigree/KC papers she classed as a silver dapple no mention of black and tan dapple !
It's the same thing though. Silver Dapples and Black and Tan Dapples are the same thing. Your dog, if not for the Merle dilution gene would be Black and Tan, like your new dog, hence the term Black and Tan Dapple. You all over the pond just use a different term, that's all! We register them here (and in the USA) as Black and Tan Dapples. Though I think I like the term Silver better... less of a mouthful!