Hi! New Member :)

kkeiiii

Hi! My name is Kei and I just adopted a dachshund. Apparently, I'm kinda worried she might be a double dapple. :( I got her from a friend who maybe accidentally breed her dapple dachshunds but I'm not sure. I joined here so I could get help. My puppy's name is Selune and she's very sweet. It's my first time having a dachshund. I only had experience with a poodle. :oops:

attached image is her. :)

Attachments

CaseyKC

Her facial markings appear to indicate double dapple, but if her eyesight and hearing are okay, and if you have her spay at an appropriate age so that you don't "accidentally" wind up with poorly bred puppies, she should be a wonderful pet and best friend. I would have a veterinarian check her out for other known problems that may occur with double dapples, and to schedule a spay date when she is about one year old. I wouldn' t do an early spay operation until she is fully mature because she will need the hormones to grow strong. Also, since you are new to dachshunds, read about preventive back care, no jumping on or off furniture, stairs are not good for dachshunds, and don't over feed because an overweight dachshund is more likely to develop back problems due to extra strain on that long spine. Most of all just love her and welcome to the wonderful world of dachshunds.

kkeiiii

Her facial markings appear to indicate double dapple, but if her eyesight and hearing are okay, and if you have her spay at an appropriate age so that you don't "accidentally" wind up with poorly bred puppies, she should be a wonderful pet and best friend. I would have a veterinarian check her out for other known problems that may occur with double dapples, and to schedule a spay date when she is about one year old. I wouldn' t do an early spay operation until she is fully mature because she will need the hormones to grow strong. Also, since you are new to dachshunds, read about preventive back care, no jumping on or off furniture, stairs are not good for dachshunds, and don't over feed because an overweight dachshund is more likely to develop back problems due to extra strain on that long spine. Most of all just love her and welcome to the wonderful world of dachshunds.
Thank you so much! I will take note of all that's said. pretty big help! ❤