Hi from Tampa :)

crystall80

Hi! I am Crystal and live in Tampa, FL. My husband and I have 2 doxy's; Reese, a chocolate and tan min, and her daughter Cookie a black and tan dapple tweenie. Reese is 8, will be 9 in just a few months, I have had her since she was just a pup, and the first to see her when she was born :). We decided to breed Reese a few years ago, Reese had one litter in which we kept Cookie. We fixed Reese afterward. Cook is my husbands girl, she loves him and follows him everywhere. We are interested in becoming breeders, just hobby for now and in a few years hope to have a small business going with it. We both love dachshunds, their personality and flair! Cookie just had her first litter, she had 10 puppies! which was a lot for her 13 pounds. But all are healthy and happy :) I am interested in the genetics of the dogs, so many colors/patterns/coats to choose from! and even though I have had them for almost 9 years, I am still learning more about them everyday :)

Attachments

Steph

Welcome to the board!

I, too have an interest in dachshund genetics and have been studying everything I can get my hands on.

So far, this site Dog Coat Colour Genetics

has been a lot of help! Plus, there's actually a breeder that has published a book on dachshund genetics that I am DYING to get my hands on and read. My interest started with finding a suitable show dog (my boy is going to start training for things like Earth dog trials very soon) to enter into the show ring...and with the show ring eventually comes the breeding end of things, so I wanted to make sure I had a handle on that.

How do you keep a shirt on your girl??? My guy HATES wearing clothes and being from Ontario, Canada he has to wear a sweater in the winter at least.

Again, welcome to the board :)

crystall80

Cookie wears things with no problem, she is good with shirts and such. Her mom does well with most shirts too. They hate diapers! I have tried to put them on when they are in heat, but they only last a minute or two lol

Last edited: