Hi From PA

A

AbbysMom

We are waiting on our new puppy. She will be ready May 5th. So excited. Her name is Abby and she is a shaded English cream. We have everything ready but a harness because we need to fit her. She's a little thing. Good to be here. ~Meg

Inkeri

Hello and welcome! :)
Exciting times... I remember how much I waited to get Manu home!! :) I love the cream color, you don't see that much in Finland, though.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome!

Doxie puppies are soooo cute! But can be a little tough to housetrain. I've never had a young puppy. Mouse was my youngest at 5.5 months old. She was 9 months before she was fully housetrained. Oliver, my 40lb terrier x was 6 months when I adopted him, and he never made a mess in the house.

They can def. be stubborn, but they're eager to learn, if you keep it positive and make it fun for them!

A

AbbysMom

Thanks. I am thinking major positive reinforcement - as in keeping a cooked pork chop in the fridge at all times for a good behavior morsel. <3

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Thanks. I am thinking major positive reinforcement - as in keeping a cooked pork chop in the fridge at all times for a good behavior morsel. <3
Hot dogs are the easiest, and they're greasy and smelly, and honestly? they're my dog's crack! LOL They'll do ANYTHING for a small piece of Hot Dog! LOL

I am a positive trainer, and a clicker trainer, so mine are all really into tricks and training. I just taught Mouse to "wipe her face" in approx 10 minutes!

A

AbbysMom

Hot dogs are their crack!:p I LOVE it! And yes, much simpler than keeping a fresh cooked chop in the fridge at all times. I love the positive reinforcement way of doing things. It works well with my teenager ;) and is just nicer. Gonna be watching how you do things, Sara.:) Thank you.

DonRamon

Ninja
Hot dogs are the easiest, and they're greasy and smelly, and honestly? they're my dog's crack! LOL They'll do ANYTHING for a small piece of Hot Dog! LOL

I am a positive trainer, and a clicker trainer, so mine are all really into tricks and training. I just taught Mouse to "wipe her face" in approx 10 minutes!
You need to come over my house and teach mine a few tricks!!!!

But i have given him a hotdog before, and he muched it down, the bread too :D

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Hot dogs are their crack!:p I LOVE it! And yes, much simpler than keeping a fresh cooked chop in the fridge at all times. I love the positive reinforcement way of doing things. It works well with my teenager ;) and is just nicer. Gonna be watching how you do things, Sara.:) Thank you.
You're welcome! Positive training is so much fun. My dogs all have a blast, and are highly trained because of it :) It's more fun for me, I think, than it is for my dogs! LOL.

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
You need to come over my house and teach mine a few tricks!!!!

But i have given him a hotdog before, and he muched it down, the bread too :D
LOL People always tell me that... especially when they see my deaf dogs doing their tricks... They tell me their hearing dogs dont know as much as my deafies do LOL.