Hello!

lilylowrider

A year and a half ago, we adopted a mini-dachshund through a private rescue person who often got groups of dogs from a breeder who had way too many dogs, and couldn't take care of them all.

Early this year we started to foster through the local Dachshund rescue.
So far we've had four fosters- one successful, one failed, and two currents (of which one is looking for his forever home, and the other is still rehabbing).

This is our pack for now..

Left to right:
Olly- our "tweenie" failed foster. He's just under 2/o, about 13 pounds. He came to us minorly underweight and abused. He's still a bit skittish to loud talking and yelling..
Lilo was our first. She's our 9lb mini, who just turned two.
Zeke is our foster who needs to find a home quickly, because we like him way too much. He's 17lbs and around 3..
And last but not least, Talia, our newest foster. She's a senior girl who has obviously not been treated well, but in the less than a week we've had her she's made huge improvements..

Thanks! :)

vizzla

Why does she keep geting the dogs from the breeder who cant take care of her dogs? She will just continue to breed more dogs than can get good homes?

Really nice gang! So cute! :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome! It's awesome that you foster and rescue! I have fostered for years, but now am focusing on deaf dogs, and not too many come my way, but I did have a Border Collie foster last January :)

I have 2 failed fosters too :)

DonRamon

Ninja
Welcome! It's awesome that you foster and rescue! I have fostered for years, but now am focusing on deaf dogs, and not too many come my way, but I did have a Border Collie foster last January :)

I have 2 failed fosters too :)
What does it mean when u say failed fosters?