Hello from Mexico!

OdeMX

Hello! Have been reading this forum maybe for a couple weeks and decided it was time to introduce meself.

I was a guy used to huge 455 dogs (mastiffs) and would never say anything good about small dogs until a couple months ago my wife got a dachshund from a local breeder and gave it as present for her mother... Before 2 days I was in love with the dog, and after a month asking my mother in law if I could take the dog back for me, my wife finally told me to get my own dachshund.

So after some research I got me a miniature long haired black and tan dachshund. I'm amazed with the breed, only have good things to say about doxies now:

-smart and friendly as my 12yo lab
-brave and bold as my cane corso
-more stubborn and higher prey drive than the lab and cc together
-probably will eat less in a month than what my cc eats each day
-full of love and fun

As soon as Marvel (my 4yo daughter wanted to name it Marvel) complete his shots I'll start ratting and rabbit hunting training, I can already say it will be a blast!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Welcome!!! I`m also a dachshund convert... I used to think they were awful, snappy and rude little dogs...

now I have 2 LOL

Hello! Have been reading this forum maybe for a couple weeks and decided it was time to introduce meself.

As soon as Marvel (my 4yo daughter wanted to name it Marvel) complete his shots I'll start ratting and rabbit hunting training, I can already say it will be a blast!
My full sized dachshund was good with catching possums, squirrels, and grackles. He would chase skunks, unfortunately.

PD, my between - sized dachshund prefers the large tree roaches. When he finds one, he barks until it rolls over, then I come and dispose of it. He also does pretty good with the baby possums.

We now have a minnie dachshund, and so this morning I saw him catching and (yuch) eating a tree roach. I guess I've got two Roachers in the house, now.

Your dachshund will likely show an interest in any game you put in front of it.

Have fun, and welcome to the forum.