Georgia's acupuncture visit today

Penny

Yes, she had the needles in, the current was buzzing through the needles, and she was wagging her tail. I know. Hard to believe, but I have video proof. lol I think she's pretty amazing.
She's on my lap...

There's 2 needles closer to her tail that aren't getting current. Yes, her tail is wagging...

Hind leg. Her head it up to the right of the frame..

Video of us at the end of the session...Click to see.

She was showing signs of pain on Tues so I brought her in to the vet to check her over and it was her back. She got metacam and went on crate rest. The next morning her back end was very weak and she had trouble standing. It goes to show that you need to be very careful with pain and getting them diagnosed and anti-inflammatories going as soon as possible. Had I waited until the next day to see the vet, she may have been down completely with no mobility.

vizzla

Oh she is a good girl! Hope she is better soon! Has acupunture good effects on back issues?

Penny

Oh she is a good girl! Hope she is better soon! Has acupunture good effects on back issues?
There have been very good reports for back issues and other problems as well. The vet here was so impressed with the results she saw from another vet doing acupuncture, she decided to go for the training as well.

vizzla

Ok! I like that! I got a ruptured disc last year and people told me to try acupunture, but Im so scared of needles! Hate them! ;) Maybe I to should try it?

Penny

How dachshund of you! If you lie on your tummy and enjoy some good music, you'll be fine. (brave of me to say, huh? lol) If you try it and get relief, you'll be happy you tried. Nothing lost if you don't try.

vizzla

so true! Ive been so worried that Alf would get a ruptured disc and then I get it myself.. Yes maybe I have to try!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I know a beagle x basset who got IVDD and was in severe pain and paralysed, my friend took her to accupuncture (after I recommended it and sent her a ton of info on IVDD and accupuncture LOL) Molly was completely cured, and is still leading an active lifestyle :)

vizzla

Oh that is great Sara!
So happy that somethings seem to be working on dogs with backpains.

Doxmom

Vizzla, the 'needles' are so thin that they do not hurt at all. They are also not put in very deep. I took a course in canine and equine acupressure and acupuncture. Part of the class required us to put a few needles in our classmates, under supervision, of course. I truly believe it can help with all sorts of ailments. And you will feel strangely relaxed as well.