Food Supplements

We have a large back yard, and during some times of the year we have difficulty regulating our dogs diet. There seems to be a variety of foods that our dogs take advantage of year round.

Right now, we seem to be between seasons. They recently finished eating the locusts in our yard. In the Fall, they'll be snacking on pecans that the squirrels leave in our yard.

The Live Oak trees usually drop a lot of acorns, which i find to be rather bitter, but the dogs seem to love.

In the Spring, the dogs will start off on the clover, and by the end of Spring, our neighbor's mulberry tree will have dropped a ton of mulberrys in our yard. That's when our dogs will really pork out.

When Henry was alive, the birds had to be careful. I watched him swallow a grackle whole, simply because he didn't want me to take the bird away from him. It wasn't the grackle that killed him - he went on to eat at least two more birds that I know of.

They'll also chew the bark off of our Live Oak trees, although I'm not sure they eat that so much as just use it for a chew toy.

Oh yeah, we have to be careful when we take the dogs on walks. As they walk across the front lawn to the street they'll snack on the droppings of the cats, possums, and raccoons that frequent our neighborhood.

What fun things do your doxies eat?

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Here I was thinking ohh a serious thread! LOL

Mouse will eat anything she deems even the slightest bit edible, bugs are a fav right now :) Boo's a little more discerning.

Doxmom

Oh, Good Lord! *That's* what I have to look forward to?? My pekingese never ate anything like that!!!

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
Oh, Good Lord! *That's* what I have to look forward to?? My pekingese never ate anything like that!!!
Doxies are hunters, Peke's are companions... that's the difference there. But like I said, Only one of my doxies eat weird stuff LOL though my terrier likes to join Mouse in the hunt for extra edibles LOL

Doxmom

Snacks on the patio

Well, my baby boy will have his fun. We've got small lizards that sneak into our enclosed patio all the time. Guess I won't have to worry about those lizards too much longer!:D