Dressing your weanie

Hayleysmom

Does anyone dress their weanie dogs? I ordered a couple outfits for hayley :p just wondering if anyone dresses their pups and what sizes do you tend to get?

Penny

Oh boy. Yes.
I make my own to fit and haven't bought anything. Those dachshund chests don't seem to work with store bought clothes, but I'm spoiled.

When you get something, I sure hope there's plenty of photos!!

vizzla

No I dont think dogs are ment to be dressed up. They should have cloates for cold, snow, rain and so on but nothing else.

Hayleysmom

Some people don't like the idea, but I don't mind it. I find it cute. While I won't have her dressed 24/7, I will when its chilly out and when I feel like taking some pictures :p I don't think I would put shoes on her, but I will get her sweaters, pj's, and t-shirts, not to mention fancy collars ;)

I was wondering about the deep chests too. Hopefully she'll be a smaller weanie to where I can actually buy all the store stuff. Her dad and mom are 9-10 lbs and she is on the smaller side at the moment. The vet says she doesn't see her getting over 10lbs and luckily she is dachshund savvy! She owns 2 and is fostering 1 :D, how awesome is that?

Penny

Your vet owns 2 and is fostering 1?? That IS awesome!! Lucky you!
Georgia is 8.8 lbs at 5 yrs old and has a very deep chest. Engli is about 8.5 lbs and doesn't have such a deep chest. The chest may take a couple of years to really come down. Here's little Georgia..

Here's a very cute little jacket someone gave us and it's no where near closing, but she looks very cool anyway. lol

I think the problem people find is that the keel sticks out so that the arm holes are forced forward, which causes chaffing in the arm pits. Or the neck hole opens too low so the keel is sticking out. lol

sherlock

I don't dress Watson...I'm with Vizzla, I just don't think dogs are meant to be dressed! However, he does have a coat for when it gets real cold or snows. It's just a little hoodie I got at Walmart, it goes over the head with a strap at the front, and then velcros closed around the belly.

I also plan on getting him a little bowtie for holidays and stuff with family, just so he can live up to his name (I mean...Dr. Watson. He just NEEDS a bowtie!)

nola

I don't/can't dress Nola up much because it is so hot here (almost May and it's been a steady 85 since mid March), but she has a good wardrobe for photo shoots (don't judge; I have a blog :p) and winter months. She has T shirts, a few dresses, 1 sweater that fits perfectly (found it at Walmart for $5 2 winters ago), a few jackets, winter/christmas PJ's, a couple hoodies, a custom made coat and a tutu she wore on her birthday.:D To make up for not getting to dress her much because of the heat, I get cute harnesses to review instead.;)

I love this hoodie I got on sale at PetsMart; it fits great and it's super warm.

This is the perfect fit sweater:

Her custom made coat:

This is actually a harness:

Another cute harness:

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I don't dress mine up much, except for halloween, I cannot find anything that fits my dogs, at all, so even though I have some t-shirts, sweaters, and jackets, they raarely have to wear them! lol

schierling

Dressing Weenies

I don't dress mine up much, except for halloween, I cannot find anything that fits my dogs, at all, so even though I have some t-shirts, sweaters, and jackets, they raarely have to wear them! lol
Does anyone dress their weanie dogs? I ordered a couple outfits for hayley :p just wondering if anyone dresses their pups and what sizes do you tend to get?
I have never been able to get mine to stay in any kind of outfit. I think they look adorable when they do. I was a weenie/cross the other night wearing a bow tie and he was just adorable. My guys, however, prefer to go au naturelle. :)

ldivinag

one reason i got my nissan dog:

i mentioned while i was at a local pet store and the owner immediately said HALLOWEEN...

:)

amparra

Nope, I don't believe dogs should wear clothes unless its for a functional reason. They are dogs not dolls.

I have a little rain coat because she cannot stand to get her belly wet and I'm thinking of getting a little sweater in the winter. But thats it.

lisaboo

I don't have Piper yet but she will be dressed up. We live in a cool state and cold/snow in the winter. So from a young age she will be use to jackets and sweaters ect. And I have a tutu business for girls so she will probably have a tutu or a few lol. =] Plus I think it's cute harmless fun.

Penny

If you want to make something to keep them warm, here's a very doable project...Cut a sweatshirt sleeve...

babysis

I've tried with shirts or sweaters but Baby doesn't like them on her. You will hear my dining room chairs move and you look, there she is scratching her back and trying to get the sweater off! Mainly it's to keep her warm or to try and prevent her from itching because she gets nervous. Had a pink sweater with a hoodie and on the back it had little tassels, she pulled them off and tried to eat them. But we don't call them clothing in my house, we call them "pretties."