Dog-swim

vizzla

We went to the newly opened dog-swim :)
Alf didnt know how to do it and didnt have the right tecnique.
Theo was a natural! He just went for it. Look at him go!

Theo på Älvdalens hundhälsa - YouTube

Since Alf didnt use his muscles right we will have him swimming so he gets better. The instructor said that they can see emediatley if a dog has backpains, so it feels safe to have him swimming and building muscels.

Do your dog swim?

babysis

It's so amazing when they swim. If the water isn't too deep Baby will swim in it. Usually if I put her right above the water her legs start moving in the motion to swim. She does not like pools of any type unless I get in there with her then she swims to me so I can hold her. I think I spoil her too much!

Inkeri

We should get a dog-swim near here too! I'm so waiting for it. :) I've heard that swimming is really good for humans as well as dogs with back-issues.

Manu loves swimming. He loves fetching from water and swimming in general. I'm going to take him for this water-hunting test next summer (I don't know what it is in english, but dogs fetch ducks or dead prey from water).

vizzla

Always use a lifevest. Doxies arent that good swimmers so they need help to stay up and dare to try swimming :)

It looks so much fun when they go.