Dissapointed, people who call themselves breeders

kornygerm

Hey guys, i haveent posted here in a while.

A couple of months ago, i was walking the dachshund, kawfee. A neighbor was outside, and told me if she could use Kawfee as a stud, i told her, yea, let me tell my family, so you can arrange something. Sure enough, they contact each other, and the lady's husband brough the bitch..Bit bigger than Kawfee, black dachshund, she was beautiful..Well, the mating occurred and several weeks later the puppies were born.

The lady had also a male dachshund which was way older than kawfee, so she would believed he may have mated with her, but genes dont lie, half of the puppies were brown and bit smaller as Kawfee is, and my dad nor the neighbor did a written agreement, it was all words..The deal my family would take 3 dogs depending on the litter size, but she had 9 puppies!. Yesterday my dad went to check out with them, and when they mention the agreement, the lady changed her mind or forgot about the deal,and would only allow to give us one...That shift to some argument, and my dad prefered not to take the puppy......Which does make me bad, i'm here trying to do my homework on how to be a reputable good breeder, and they come up with this things, so why do i even bother?

Now, i dont think i have mentioned Layla, she is a dachshund we adopted from a neighbor, as the person could not care for her anymore..So, because of this incident, my dad prefers to breed her..which i think its a little low, you rescued her and then you wanna breed her?Hmm. and i dont like to get in between, cause while i love those dogs, i dont "own them.

DonRamon

Ninja
From what i heard, the general rule is that the males owner gets first pick of the puppy of their choosing, and its usually just one or just money, but if you guys had an agreement then its different.

vizzla

Leave the breeding to professionals. It only hurts the dogs when you dont do it right. Why mate with the neighbours dog? I cant imagin her to be a seroius breeder to just pic a stud from the street. Thats why you got in trouble with the puppies. Please dont breed on your rescue! Leave it to thoses who has the knowledge. Dont make more puppies for the rescues to take care of...

kornygerm

Leave the breeding to professionals. It only hurts the dogs when you dont do it right. Why mate with the neighbours dog? I cant imagin her to be a seroius breeder to just pic a stud from the street. Thats why you got in trouble with the puppies. Please dont breed on your rescue! Leave it to thoses who has the knowledge. Dont make more puppies for the rescues to take care of...
well, if you ask me i guess it falls under byb..backyard breeders.At first, it seemed like a good idea, and probably you have encountered either family, friends or acquaintances who are like this, oh what a beatiful dog you have, wanna breed her?. I dont have any ownership authority about any of the dogs, i cant tell them what to do with her or the male..The whole faulty argument, well let nature do its course, when we got the female..it came without a health record, and since she looks healthy, well then there should not be anything wrong with her, right?:rolleyes: So i tell em, why not take her to the vet to examined her, maybe give her a health record or health test, so we know the upcoming puppies will be healthy, and i just get a response like, well if you really wanna do that, well use your own money, we dont even get health checks ourselves, and you wanna do that with a dog?:rolleyes:
I'm just waiting to give the i told you so..