Dapple??

Aminterhunt

Help!!!!!

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me out. Ive been looking at some daschie puppies for a little while, and the Breeder I’ve been speaking to seems to know what she’s talking about. The father is a dapple and is NOT a double dapple and he has been genetically tested. He has two blue eyes and a big white spot on his chest. (They think he carries the Pide gene as well) The mother is a Black and Tan, and the breeder said she bred her from puppyhood and so does not carry the dapple gene - but the puppies look very unusual with one blue eye. They have passed their vet check, but I am just concerned about the pup being a double...

Attachments

D

Deleted member 3082

Hi, Aminterhunt,
Our Dachsies (littermates) were sired by a dapple-long hair with 2 blue eyes and a black and tan-smoothie bitch; one female, Sis, has one blue eye. They aren't registered, so won't be showing them, so the blue eye is not problem. I honestly don't know the sire's breeding, but I can tell you that Sis is smart as a whip, learns quickly--- she actually seems to "talk" to us when she wants to play, go potty, and even when her water bowl is empty! If you're showing or breeding, I can understand your concern, if the puppy's a pet, just enjoy. All the best..

Sophiaman22

Hello, Aminterhunt,

The picture you posted is a black-and-tan dapple, with a hint of a piebald pattern. Not a double dapple, so you're good! I have two double-dapples (one blind-and-deaf, and another is blind in one eye, and limited vision in the other). It's common for dapples to fall in an eye (sometimes both). Your pup looks beautiful. Hope you enjoy! Attached is a photo of my pack from New Year's Day.

Attachments