Dachshund color

crystall80

We bred our dapple girl for the first time in December, she had 10 pups! She had a lot of dilutes in the mix, 2 red dilutes, 2 solid blacks, 3 piebalds, 3 dapples. Question on 2 of the dapples, Isabella or chocolate? They are light with dark dappling, they look darker in the pics then they really are. Hazel eyes, and liver noses. I attached a few pics They are very light furred with dark spots, it was dark in the room when I took the pics and flash wasn't very strong.

Attachments

crystall80

The mom is a silver dapple and the dad is a black longhair. We kept the silver dapple puppy from the litter :)

DeafDogs

Alberta Region Moderator
I think they're chocolates. Odd you got dilutes from a black to a black and tan (silver) dapple

Steph

Chocolate babies - love chocolates :D That's what I want my next doxie to be. It looks like the pup in the first 2 pics is a regular choc dapple and the one in the next 2 pics looks like it could be a reverse choc dapple - meaning that the lighter colouring is more dominant than the darker colouring.

crystall80

Chocolates are my favorite too, my oldest is a chocolate n tan longhair, she is the grandma to the puppies. Reese will be 9 the end of this month. Thanks for the info! Wasn't sure on the coloring for these too, we are puppy-sitting them for a week while their new mom recovers from surgery,

crystall80

I think both parents have to carry the gene to have the dilute pups. I did a little research after she had so many different colors this litter.