Clicking sounds

Sylvia

Hi. I have a five month old mini. For about 10 days now I have heard clicking popping noises coming from his legs. I took him to my vet and he examined him very thoroughly. He could find nothing wrong with him at all. Also if you manipulate the joints there is no click. Just when he walks. Has anyone else had this in a young puppy? I'm so worried.

Mike

Hi. I have a five month old mini. For about 10 days now I have heard clicking popping noises coming from his legs. I took him to my vet and he examined him very thoroughly. He could find nothing wrong with him at all. Also if you manipulate the joints there is no click. Just when he walks. Has anyone else had this in a young puppy? I'm so worried.

I got my puppy at around 12 weeks and she had a lot of popping from her back legs. Like you, I was very worried about it. I took her to Michigan State University Vet school and they took x-rays and examined her. The doctor said to just give it time and don't baby her. Now she's about 8-9 months old and she has grown out of it. Give it time.

Mike

susan_007

Hi guys, this sounds like slipping patellas, my bitch got this at 2 after having puppies as her joints blew out from the extra weight. It is a genetic thing, and can present itself as a skip in the rear movement