Best place for dog meds?

9ballprodigy

Right now, I'd like to get my Doxie pup on heart worm preventative meds and flea/tick drops or collar? I live in an apt so my wife said that a collar might be good enough since the dog will have limited exposure to outside parasites. Not to mention it is a heck of a lot cheaper. Thoughts on this? Brand of collar?

Otherwise, I am leaning towards heartgard and frontline plus. I checked out 1800petmeds and Costco. Costco has a 6 month supply of frontline for 75$ and 1800petmeds says "3-pack" for 41$. I assume a "pack" consists of ONE pipette? Can I do better anywhere else online in terms of price?

Also, a six month supply of heartgard is 33$. Is this about right?

jax's_mommy

Not sure about heartworm medicine. But for the fle/tick issue. My vet said to avoid the flea collar. He said its a waste of money. So i started using the drops, which seem to work just fine. Im using Hartz Ultra Guard., its (if i remember right) only $6.97 at Wal-mart. It's a 3 pack. Each little tube last a month.

Noodles~Mom

I have heard really bad and scary things about Hartz, I am on anouther forum and we had a lady who put it on her dog and her dog started having seziures and then passed away. A bunch of people on the forum said that Hartz is dangerous and should not be used ever.

jax's_mommy

I dont think I'll be buying hartz again, I've never heard that but dont want to take any chances with my babies.

jax's_mommy

I appreciate the link!, I wont be putting that on Jax or my kitties anymore. I dont want them to be harmed by it