bathing advice

debjohn

My 4-1/2 month old Vinnie wasn't happy with me for attempting to bath him about a month ago. Any advice on the best way to introduce a puppy to a bath? The bathtub in our house has a shower door which makes it awkward. The bathroom sinks are small and quite sloped. I'm thinking a plastic tub of some sort might work best. I know I'll need to get the house really warm because he gets cold easily. Any other tips?
ML,
Deb J.

GJBain

My 4-1/2 month old Vinnie wasn't happy with me for attempting to bath him about a month ago. Any advice on the best way to introduce a puppy to a bath? The bathtub in our house has a shower door which makes it awkward. The bathroom sinks are small and quite sloped. I'm thinking a plastic tub of some sort might work best. I know I'll need to get the house really warm because he gets cold easily. Any other tips?
ML,
Deb J.
Our kitchen sink works perfect.

sim4sim

toys and treats

When my dog was a puppy I would get in the shower with her, with a ball/toy and few treats. It was messy but it worked. She still hates baths but she is acceptable of them. She hates baths but loves to swim :)

debjohn

Thanks. That's an interesting idea. I actually successfully bathed him since I posted here in a little plastic tub. He did ok. I think I learn each time. He gets cold easily, so I need to make room is really warm and there is plenty of warm water for him. I think next time will be even better. Thanks again for your response!