Back surgery aftermath help/support

DLoveNo9

For Doxie owners with back surgery experience... My Doxie lost mobility in his rear and within 24 hours he had back surgery. They gave him an 80% chance of recovery. The next day, he lost deep pain. He had it before surgery. So now they are giving him a 50% chance of success. Maybe the surgery was unsuccessful, maybe it's inflammation. Has this happened to anyone else?

Penny

Hi and Welcome!
Please check out dodgerslist, a forum for families dealing with spinal cord injury in their doxies.

I have had dogs on crate rest only, no surgery, so I don't have any comment on what you're asking. My best wishes go to you and your sweetie during this difficult time. I hope you see a full recovery.

Sarahf

Hi I am going through the same thing as you. My doxie Jenson is still not walking nor has any control over pooping. He had his surgery 2 months ago and we are hoping hydrotherapy will help but it doesn't seem to be transferring out of the water. It's been a long to this point so know how you feel.

Blazer's Mom

Hi I am going through the same thing as you. My doxie Jenson is still not walking nor has any control over pooping. He had his surgery 2 months ago and we are hoping hydrotherapy will help but it doesn't seem to be transferring out of the water. It's been a long to this point so know how you feel.
We went thru it with one of our doxies... it took about 3 months for him to start feeling again....then started walking. Hang in there...