Alf got injured and got to stay at the animal clinic!

vizzla

His leash got around a bicykle that fell over his back! He cried and cried and held his right leg up under his belly! I thought he had dislocated his hip or wors - got paralysed. He didnt react at all at his right back paw!

We went straight to the vet. They x- rayed him and didnt see anything at that time but wanted to have him stay the night to give him pain medicin. He was in pain.

They called next morning to tell us he got better and was walkning, stiff but walkning on all legs.

Now we got to take him home! Im sooo happy he is better and I so hopping it will not get worse. The vet was afraid that he could have nervdamages or ruptured disc.

He is sleeping on our couch and walking short on leash walks. No running or playing. His right back leg is swollen and stiff. He holds it back in some possitions as if it hurts. We got painmedicin if we need it.

Im so sad for him! Stupid bike. Stupid me for not seeing that his leash could get caught!

Im so glad that we have a animal clinic 24 hours open and that they could take him in. He didnt suffer as he got morfin that night. He is now stiff and sour but happy and vagging tail :)

Glad I also had insurance.

Nell

I am so glad he seems better. It must have been quite a shock for you too!

With the best will in the world accidents can happen. I hope you weren't hurt when the bike went over.

Its really horrible to see your beloved dog in pain, fingers crossed he is over the worst. Do let us know how he gets on.

vizzla

No I wasnt hurt. They ran out the door and my bike is close to the wall and they ran to close to it and Alfs leash got stuck. Now we moved the bikes to our neighbours so no more accidents!!!

It was so scary. I thought for a moment we would have to put him down...

crystalclear1027

I am glad to hear he is walking a little better and continue to recover back to his normal self. Send in positive thoughts your way!!!!!!!

sherlock

Oh how scary :( I would have freaked out so bad (but I'm a panic-er anyway. Luckily, DH is not and usually keeps a level head.)

Glad to hear he's doing okay. Keep us updated!

HilyBee

Oh!! Owie!! So glad he is doing better!! I would have FREAKED out. I hate leaving my babies at the vet even if it's needed. I always get nervous. :/ Keep us posted! I hope he heals quickly! :D

Inkeri

Oh no!! Poor Alf. I hope he gets well soon.
Don't be so hard on yourself, it was an accident. Do keep us posted!!

vizzla

He is walking but still very soar and some movements hurt, you can see it in his eyes. But his tail is wagging and his mind is happy! I love him to death!

So glad he is home. But Im freaking out about everything that can fall over him!

I just realize that he is a small dog. A bike falling over a german shepherd wouldnt have done the same damages....

Thank you for caring!

Nell

Yesterday Alf got a laser treatment on his back and right back leg. Hopefully this will help him heal...
Oh poor Alf! Really sorry to hear he is still having problems. Why did they decide to do the laser? Is it because they think he has damaged the disk?

I shall keep my fingers crossed it helps him, love the photos.

vizzla

The vet only order rest and walks on leash so I looked for other ways to help him. I found a dog therapeut that claimed that laser would help heal sour muscles and back pain. Alf is stif but doesnt seem to be in pain. He is happy and jumping around if he gets a chans.

vizzla

Alf is getting better and you dont see him limp or crum his back anymore. The vet just called to check up on him! I thought that was so sweet of them to do that.

So happy that he is better and hopefully it wasnt worse than an muscle pain. We moved all the bikes from our side of the house to another house! Cant get that picture out of my head when the bike fell over him and he screamed!

vizzla

Alf is ok now! Im so happy and thankfull to the vets! I was so scared but now he is ok and right back in shape :) We started feeding him more raw food and he is eating better now to so that feels good :)