11wk puppy not eating

cadmayyn

Hi, my mini dax is 11 weeks old and he's not really eating 3 meals a day. I feed him at 7am, midday and 5 pm around 30g of dry food a day.

I got him from my breeder with some butchers complete wet tinned food and some harringtons dry food. He likes his wet food but his poop comes out really soft and "liquidy" after each meal so I don't feed him that any more. when he does eat his dry food his poop is fine. He has stopped eating his dry food now for some reason and I can't get him to eat at all really. I have tried adding a little gravy to dry biscuits, to soaked biscuits. I've tried cheese to wet and soaked biscuits, I've tried plain biscuits and soaked plain biscuits and nothing really works. My vet gave me a highly recommend dry biscuit mix and that still isn't working. He was wormed 1 week ago and had his send jab this saturday gone where he also has his micro chip. he was 2.1kg at 4 weeks and is 2.6kg at 11 weeks and will be weighed in another 4 weeks. The vet said his weight isn't anything to be worried about at the moment. I really don't know what to do. Can anyone suggest something to get him regally consuming his meals?!

Thanks

cadmayyn

hi, yeah i tried that but it was a quick fix, he only started eating the meat out of it and leaving the biscuits. plus my vet said its fast food and crap so i should leave the wet food out of his diet. i think i have a temporary fix at the moment. if i feed both dogs together then my dax tries to eat all the food before the poodle does lol. this will work for now

honeysdad

Not eating

Our mini dachs (11 months old) stopped eating for a week after spaying due, we suspect, to anxiety after surgery. She lost half a kilo. We now give her boiled chicken a.m and boiled beef mince p.m. She eats this with no trouble. We're currently looking for a vitamin supplement as we suspect what we are feeding her doesn't contain all the nutrients she needs. Incidentally, she also went of her food after her initial injections and microchip. I suspect that the breed in general can be quite temperamental! You could try chicken which seems to go down well with most dogs. We feed ours whilst its slightly warm.

Last edited: