The love of my life

Tikki

Hi - [I'm not sure why the picture came out twice - sorry about that!] - We are both fine, I am happy to say, and I hope all is well with you as well!

I've been offline since last Wednesday evening due to the telephone company having a major fault somewhere in this area - still not fixed. So no landline telephone, no internet, [I don't have a smartphone for internet], until about 9pm yesterday evening! My computer guy brought me a wi-fi router which works through a SIM card - although I haven't a clue how! He connected it up in place of my regular modem, sorted everything out, and now I have contact with the outside world again! As I am unable to have the vaccinations for Covid I am totally housebound and have not been further than just over 1 metre to my wheelie bin since the beginning of March 2020 - and my computer is my only contact with the outside world.

I took that photo of Tikki a few weeks ago - sent a copy to a friend of mine and she turned it into the picture you see! The colour is a bit off as the flash on my camera wasn't working properly so I had to lighten the original photo - her coat is the same colour as in my avatar. She has grown up into such a cute and adorable little wubble - it seems like only yesterday I brought home that 3-week-old scrap that eeped for her bottle every couple of hours, and now she is 6 years and 5 months old! She weighs 7.8kg and is rock solid bone and muscle, with no fat on her, so she is around in between Standard and Miniature Dachshund in weight. She looks far more like her Dachshund mother than the little Minpin that sired her - I think the new picture shows it more than the one in my avatar. As do the shape of her front legs [just longer] and her Doxie paws - not forgetting her beautiful Doxie eyes!

My vet, who comes here every three months for her Parkworm shot etc [and her yearly booster, of course] reckons that she has the best of both breeds regarding size, as her longer legs and shorter back means that all the jumping on and off things shouldn't cause her spinal problems in the future. He thinks she is adorable, he thinks she is cute - and she is madly in lurve with him! As soon as she sees his car pull up outside she gets so excited, and rushes out and leaps into his arms! Everyone should have a vet like him - and he says everyone should have a dog like Tikki!