Which dog bed for your Dachshund?

Victini

When it comes to getting dog beds for dachshund, I always focus on the basic info like size, shape, and meterials. However recently I've found out there are many kinds of pet beds and different sorts have its particular function. And now I sum it up and try to state those for you.

Orthopedic dog beds
This type is one with matress inside. It is a better choice of bed for elderly dachshunds. It provides extra cushioning for the feeble joints. Also the shape is roomy, which makes this kind a good choice for your buddy to sprawl. And this kind of bed usually in bigger size, so, before you get one consider which size is more suitable.

Donut and bolster dog beds
This style of dog bed is frequently round or oval and he has a cushioned bottom together with a raised side. If he or she likes to lean against something for security, or likes to sleep with his head resting upon a raised pillow, your dog will appreciate this style of bed. Many smaller dogs find this particular bed being cozy as the cup shape helps retain body heat. These kinds of bed is wonderful for dogs who choose to curl up.

Heated dog beds
As the name indicates, this kind of dog bed can keep your dachshund warm in cold days.

Dog cots
For dogs that they like to rest outdoors, you may have to look at a cot. Dog cots are raised to keep your dog elevated from the hot ground in the summer. Alternatively, above the cold ground in the winter. Many dog cots are made of a waterproof fabric which simplifies cleaning. Plus, their sturdy frame means they perfect for larger breeds of dogs.

I just make four kinds of mostly used pet beds here. And I came across crazysales dog beds on sale and ordered two immediately in a very favorable price. So lucky.
Then what kinds of dog beds are your dachshunds sleeping in?

Tikki

When my pup was very tiny [she was only three-weeks old], during the day she slept in a small bed like this in my salon

with a thick padded mattress. With the low front she could clamber in and out, and I put puppy pee pads in front of it as she would not mess her bed. At night she slept [and still does] in a crate in my bedroom, so I could hear her eeping to wake me when she wanted a bottle.

However, once she was strong enough to get onto my [fairly low] couch she took it over as her own for her day naps, and the dog bed, minus the mattress, is now used as a toy box.

In her crate, which is lined with a soft puppy pad, her chosen sleeping end has a folded fleece blanket which she curls up on. In the winter she has a soft pad which is thick cotton one side and fleece the other side.

I am sure she would like to sleep on or in my bed with me, as my previous two dogs [just lovely mutts] did, but after the last one, who was epileptic and had nasty accidents on the bed when she had seizures during the night, it is better for both of us for her to sleep in her crate. She only goes into it - willingly - at night.

eric_dot_com

Mine owns our bed now. Our dog made us sleep on the floor sometimes. This is an abuse that we don't like at all...

My dogs have their own beds but sleep with us. They seem more content. Some owners don't like that but it does not bother me at all. They do love snuggle sacks.